GAME EXCLUSION FORM INFORMATION:
This form must be completed and received in the MIAA office before the first allowable date for competition in that sport and is only required if you DO NOT wish to count the games towards tournament qualification.
To enable the following schools to fill their schedules, the MIAA allows other member schools to schedule contests with Barnstable, Bishop Feehan, Bishop Stang, Boston College High School, Bridgewater-Raynham, Brockton, Catholic Memorial, Coyle and Cassidy, Dartmouth, Durfee, *Everett, Fontbonne, Malden Catholic, *Malden HS, Martha’s Vineyard, *Medford, Nantucket, Nauset, New Bedford, Notre Dame (Hingham), St. John's Prep (D), Somerset Berkley Regional, *Somerville, Ursuline, and Xaverian with the option of choosing not to include these contests toward tournament qualification and seeding under the following parameters.
*these 4 schools can be excluded for Fall & Winter (2016-17) ONLY as they are becoming members of Northeast Conference in Spring 2017.
A. Member schools (that are NOT exclusion schools) may exceed the maximum number of seasonal competitions by two and exceed the weekly limit by one, when scheduling contests with the schools listed. All games may count toward tournament qualification if desired.
1. The exclusion form MUST BE submitted for games against any of the listed school to NOT COUNT toward tournament qualification
2. If games versus exclusion school are to be counted towards the seeding record, it is not necessary to submit the exclusion form.
3. If an exclusion form is submitted, the decision is final and the game will not count. This decision may not be changed.
B. These contests will count for the schools listed, and therefore must be included on the "Season Schedule and Commitment Form" submitted to the Tournament Director. Schools must indicate on the Schedule and Commitment Form if games WILL NOT count toward Tournament qualification.
C. If playing an Exclusion School that is part of your league schedule, you MUST count the game. You cannot exclude league contests vs. Exclusion Schools.
Regarding Exclusion Schools:
1. Exclusions schools may play each other --- at least one of the schools must count the game towards tournament qualification, as long as they are not in the same league. If they are, they both must count the game.
2. Exclusion schools CANNOT exceed the season scheduling limitations for the sport.
3. All League games MUST be counted.